Hi Friends 🙂
Here’s a simple and easy line and wash painting of a snail in real time, with detailed notes. This is Part 1 and subsequent real-time videos will be uploaded on subsequent Saturdays.
How to Get Reference Photo
You can download a reference photo from “Paint And Draw Together” Challenge 74 – Celebrate Small Things that Make You Happy and follow along. Suitable for complete beginners or simply as a practice.
Every Saturday I will be uploading a new video demonstrating a simple painting, and you are invited to follow along and learn and paint.
Art Supplies I Use for Pen and Wash
Paper: 7″x5″ Arches 100% cotton, 140lb cold press watercolor paper –
Ink Pen: In my videos I usually use one of the following
* Waterproof Demco India Ink (pigmented, opaque) and dip pan with a super fine Speedball 104 nib.
* Waterproof Speedball Super Black India Ink (100% carbon black pigmented, opaque) and dip pan with a super fine Speedball 104 nib.
* Micron 005 waterprrof archival pigmented ink pen.
* Uniball 0.5 mm black ink pen (waterproof, manufacturer says archival and lightfast).
* Alternatively, you can use any waterproof, archival, lightfast, pigmented ink & dip pan with an extra fine nib.
I hope you enjoy this video and find it useful!