Size: 11 x 14 inches
My drawing process
- – I lightly draw a pencil outline of the entire composition.
- – Then choose one section to work on at the top right corner ( I am right handed).
- – Emphasize the darkest lines, and details.
- – Fill in the areas in between with various value ranges.
- – Then move down to the next section.
- – Occasionally, I use a cloth wrapped around a paper stamp to blend graphite, or use a kneaded eraser to lift and obtain lighter values. Why cloth? A blending paper stick becomes very quickly covered with graphite, while cloth can always be re-positioned and be clean.
- – Materials used: Stonehenge 100% cotton, 250 gsm paper, and graphite pencils – mechanical 0.5 mm pencil 2B, HB, and wooden sketching pencils 6B, and HB.